Browse Items (60 total)

U.S. Post Office (n.d., ca. 1913)
Completed in 1913.
Supervising Architect: James Knox Taylor
Still in use by the U.S. District Court for the District of Montana, which began meeting here in 1929.

Public Building (n.d.)
Completed in 1904.
Supervising Architect: James Knox Taylor
Extension completed in 1933.
Supervising Architect of extension: James A. Wetmore
The U.S. District Court for the District of Montana met here until the late…

U.S. Post Office and Court House (n.d., ca. 1932)
Completed in 1932.
Supervising Architect: James A. Wetmore
Building used by the U.S. District Court for the District of Montana.
Still in use as a post office.

U.S. Post Office and Courthouse (1938)
Completed in 1912.
Supervising Architect: James Knox Taylor
Extension completed in 1938.
Supervising Architect of extension: Louis A. Simon
Still in use by the U.S. District Court for the District of…

U.S. Post Office (n.d., ca. 1939)
Completed in 1939.
Supervising Architect: Louis A. Simon
Building used by the U.S. District Court for the District of Montana.
Still in use as a post office.

Butte, Montana

U.S. Post Office (1933)
Completed in 1904.
Supervising Architect: James Knox Taylor
Extension completed in 1933.
Supervising Architect of extension: James A. Wetmore
Still in use by the U.S. District Court for the District…

U.S. Post Office (n.d., ca. 1914)
Completed in 1914.
Supervising Architects: James Knox Taylor and Oscar Wenderoth
Building used by the U.S. District Court for the District of Montana.
Still in use as a post office.

U.S. Post Office, Court House, and Custom House (1931)
Completed in 1922.
Architect: York & Sawyer
The U.S. District Court for the District of Hawaii met here from 1959 until 1978.
Now occupied by state government offices and renamed the King…

U.S. Post Office and Courthouse (n.d., ca. 1905)
Completed in 1905.
Supervising Architect: James Knox Taylor
Still in use by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit; the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California met here…

Appraiser’s Store (n.d., ca. 1878)
Completed in 1881.
Supervising Architect: James G. Hill
The U.S. District Court for the District of California met here from 1879, prior to completion, until the creation of the Northern District in 1886; the…